Woolston Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff, parents, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. This section of our website aims to give you a guide to safeguarding policies and procedures in our school. If you cannot find something, please contact the school and let us know!
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Julie Swanston - Headteacher
In the absence of Mrs Swanston, Mrs Elgar, Deputy Headteacher , also has responsibility for Safeguarding.
Our governor for Safeguarding is: Mrs Cheryl Keal
We fully recognise our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the health and well-being of all the children in our care.
We therefore strive to:
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
- Ensure we practice safer recruitment in compliance with the LCSB Standards for Safer Recruitment 2010
- Raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- Implement the Southampton LA procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Support children who have been abused in accordance with the Southampton LA procedures
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate safeguarding training in compliance with the LCSB Training Strategy, which includes e-safety